2.3.6. Hydraulic pushers
Hydraulic pushers demand care, at non-observance of rules of the reference with them it is possible to damage the engine.
These rules the following:
- At storage of their pushers it is necessary to establish end faces downwards;
- To replace a pusher follows always in gathering as they are not calculated on dismantling or repair;
- Knock of valves at engine start-up is the normal phenomenon. However if this knock seems too loud pushers can be checked up as follows:
1) to start up engine, to wait, while the fan will join;
2) to increase frequency of rotation within approximately two minutes to 2500 mines-1;
3) if pushers still continue to work with noise it is possible to define a faulty pusher for what to dismantle a cover of a head of the block of cylinders and to turn a cranked shaft until when the cam of a camshaft of a controllable pusher will look upwards;
4) to wring out a cam downwards a wooden or plastic wedge, as is shown in fig. 54
. If the free wheeling of a pusher before valve opening exceeds 0,10 mm, it is necessary to replace a pusher.
Fig. 54. Check of a hydraulic pusher