12.2.4. Removal of springs of a suspension bracket
For removal of a spring of a suspension bracket it is necessary to execute following operations:
Fig. 268. Adaptation VAG 1403 for compression of a spring of a suspension bracket
- Using the adaptation (fig. 268
) to compress a spring;
- To turn away a nut which is in the centre of the basic bearing. Thus the piston rod will be turned simultaneously, therefore it should be kept from проворачивания by means of face key VW 524 with шестигранной a head;
- To remove the top bearing absorber racks. The bearing can vary only in gathering;
- To remove the bearing located more low and the top plate of a spring;
- To remove a spring. Springs are issued several groups. They have marks in the form of colour strips. At replacement of springs to use only steams with identical marks. Not to use at all a spring from other models;
- To remove from a rod of the piston of the shock-absorber a protective cover and the buffer. To remember, as the rubber buffer is located on absorber to a rack as its top and a bottom are not identical;
- To check up reliability of work of the shock-absorber. For this purpose to clamp the bottom end in a vice, to put forward a rod of the piston and to move it again. On all length of a working course resistance should be identical. If the shock-absorber after removal settled down horizontally before its installation it is necessary to clamp in a vice and to pump over for removal of all air. Thus the rod should be taken out slowly and again to insert, while resistance does not become identical. It is necessary to remove all air.
In need of shock-absorber replacement (it it is possible to replace and separately) it is necessary to send old shock-absorbers in car-care centre for recycling according to requirements of preservation of the environment. To hand over the shock-absorber usual order in scrap metal it is impossible in no event (it is filled by gas under a high pressure).