7.6. Malfunctions of coupling
As it was already mentioned, coupling can revolve and cause car jerks (transfer on driving wheels occurs non-uniformly). The reasons of this malfunction can be a little:
- The engine mount is faulty or transmissions or fastening bolts are insufficiently tightened. It means that the power unit at inclusion starts to vibrate;
- The coupling overlay on a leading disk has burnt down or has lost the elasticity, therefore uniform transfer of force of a friction between coupling and a flywheel is impossible. For example, at towage of other car on considerable distance it can occur imperceptibly;
- Owing to an overheat there was a deformation of a press disk of coupling — a friction surface already not absolutely equal.
In such cases it is necessary to dismantle coupling and a leading disk to find out a cause of defect.
If coupling has failed during movement the trip can be continued at least to the nearest automobile repair shop. Probably, even it will be possible at some ability share to switch transfer with the lowest to the higher and on the contrary. At refusal of coupling during movement by the included transfer to dump "gas" and to translate the gear change lever in "neutral". If transfer заедает, it is possible to press slightly an accelerator pedal to liberate the gear change lever.
To get under way from a place without coupling, it is necessary to execute the following:
- To stop the engine and to include the first transfer;
- To include a starter — the car will start to move jerky while the number of turns of the engine will not increase. If the engine cold at first it is necessary to allow to it to get warm that it has not stopped at once. If to go on equal road on the second transfer in a similar way it is possible to reach the nearest HUNDRED;
- If you begin to be switched from the lowest transfer to the higher, how it is described, it is necessary to begin movement on the first transfer and to increase number of turns of the engine approximately to 1000 mines-1.
A few to dump "gas" and to translate the gear change lever in idling position. Completely to release a pedal of an accelerator and to press the gear change lever in a direction of the second transfer. At identical number of turns of the engine and a transmission transfer will join. If switching goes too slowly it is necessary to press "gas" that transfer could join slightly again. Switching from the lowest transfer on the higher to spend only on small speeds, for example, transition to the second transfer at speed about 20 km/h, on the third — approximately at 25 km/h, and on the fourth — approximately at 35 km/h. Hardly it is possible to assume that there will be a desire to be switched to the fifth transfer;
- At switching it is necessary to increase number of turns of the engine that it was possible to include the next transfer by the lowest transfer. A few to dump "gas", to deduce transfer from gearing and slightly to press an accelerator pedal. During the same moment to translate the gear change lever in position of next, lower transfer. At "correct" number of turns of the engine transfer will be included into gearing immediately. As well at switching on the lowest step of a transmission speed of movement should be slowed down in appropriate way to keep control of switching. If the gear change occurs to a gnash the number of turns should be added or lowered. Thanks to synchronisation switching at some skill becomes simple operation and should not cause difficulties.