11.3.1. Filling of hydraulic system
After removal and installation of the mechanism of a steering it is necessary to fill system with a liquid of mark Dexron and then to remove from it air. The refuelling volume of system makes about 0,7–0,9 l. The liquid which has flowed out during dismantle, again it is impossible to fill in. It is necessary to replace the filter at each replacement of the mechanism of a steering or liquid replacement. Thus it is necessary to observe the following order:
- To turn away a stopper of a tank a screw-driver. The masloizmeritelnyj core is connected to a stopper;
- To fill with a liquid to an upper edge a hydraulic booster tank;
- Some times to start up for short time the engine. Thus all system is filled with a liquid;
- During this process liquid level in a tank quickly falls, therefore the liquid is necessary for adding constantly. Thus level remains a little below necessary. For the control of level of a liquid carefully to wipe a measuring core and again to screw a tank stopper. It should be wrapped up to the end to receive the true indication. Again to turn away a stopper and to read the instrument of level of a liquid. If a liquid cold level should be about label Min on a measuring core or approximately to 2 mm above or below it (fig. 253
). The tank never should remain empty, otherwise air considerable quantity will get to system;
Fig. 253. A stopper with маслоизмерительным a core (an arrow the tool installation site is shown)
- The termination of falling of level of a liquid means that the system is filled. Liquid level never should be above a label «MAX»;
- To wrap a tank stopper.
If liquid level is supervised during usual maintenance service this operation can be spent and at hot (from above 50 °) liquids. In this case liquid level should be between labels «MIN» and «MAX» on a measuring core. If liquid level exceeds a label «MAX» a liquid quantity should be pumped out a syringe. In case of absence of a liquid to check up system нагерметичность as at operation the liquid should not follow.