13.4. Bearings of naves of back wheels
Bearings of naves of back wheels after their replacement are necessary for adjusting to provide normal люфт.
For replacement and adjustment of bearings it is necessary to execute following operations:
- To turn away a nut of a wheel and to establish the car on support;
Fig. 284. Details of a nave of a wheel: 1 — a nave cover; 2 — a nut stopper; 3 — шестигранная a nut; 4 — an adjusting washer; 5 — the external bearing of a wheel; 6 — a brake drum; 7 — a board of the brake mechanism with brake колодками; 8 — a cuff; 9 — the internal bearing of a wheel; 10 — шплинт
- To remove a wheel and a cover 1 (fig. 284
) the naves, closing cavity for greasing. According to the instruction, the special tool shown on fig. 285
, the cover can be hooked cautiously a screw-driver, serially working from the left and right party;
Fig. 285. Removal of a cover of a nave. At use of the similar tool to watch that the cover has not been damaged
- To take out шплинт from a cut of a nut and to remove it;
- To turn away an adjusting nut and to remove a washer;
- To remove a brake drum. At jamming of a drum it should be separated from brake колодок according to instructions the section Brake system see. The external bearing Thus separates. With ABS the gear wreath of the gauge of frequency of rotation of a wheel is in the car on a drum inside, it is necessary for protecting from damages;
- To establish a brake drum in a vice, to insert ahead оправку and to beat out the back bearing and a cuff. To beat out from opposite sides from a drum both rings of the bearing. If the gear wreath of system ABS is established, watch to damaging it;
- запрессовать new rings and to fill new bearings with plastic greasing;
- To establish the internal bearing and it is cautious запрессовать заподлицо a cuff. To remove all plastic greasing which has left under pressure.
- To establish to the place of a brake drum. Necessarily carefully to erase all rests of greasing.
- To adjust люфт the bearing as follows;
- Hardly to tighten a nut, turning a drum every which way. It is necessary to provide installation of bearings. Then again to weaken a nut.
- Again to tighten a nut so that the washer under a nut hardly moved alternately to one and other party, as is shown in fig. 286
. In this position to establish a stopper of a nut and new шплинт
. If шплинт
does not approach to an aperture the nut can be tightened a little, thus the washer still should move (fig. 286
Fig. 286. Adjustment of bearings of a nave of back wheels