14.7. A regulator of pressure of brakes
Fig. 308. Fastening of a regulator of pressure: 1 — a pressure regulator; 2 — bolts with internal шестигранником, 20 Н·м; 3 — a bolt with шестигранной a head, 20 Н·м; 4 — a nut; 5 — the holder; 6 — bolts with шестигранной a head, 20 Н·м
The brake regulator fastens bolts to the holder 5 (fig. 308
) which is in turn fixed in a zone of a back suspension bracket and copes through a spring from a beam of the back bridge. On fig. 308
it is shown, how the regulator of pressure of brakes is established. It carries out two functions:
- Distributes a brake liquid on a diagonal between forward and back wheels;
Fig. 309. An arrangement of a regulator of pressure of brakes
- Reduces brake effort to back wheels at sharp braking of the car. Removal and installation of a regulator of pressure does not demand special qualification, but after unscrewing of a bolt of fastening of a spring on a regulator adjustment is necessary. To simplify work, it is possible to note a sharp subject on the lever position of a roller of a spring and to establish a new regulator in initial position. Thus it is necessary to watch corresponding contours are attached to what unions. After regulator installation it is necessary to spend prorolling of a hydrodrive of brake system. On fig. 309 the
regulator of pressure established on the car is shown.
Work of a regulator of pressure of brakes can be checked up as follows:
- To establish a back part of the car on reliable support;
- To observe of work of a regulator of pressure of brakes from below the car;
- To instruct the assistant to press a brake pedal against the stop and quickly to release it;
- It should be visible, as the operating lever of a regulator of pressure of brakes moves by pressing a pedal of a brake and at it отпускании. Check to repeat some times.
Such control testifies only that the regulator of pressure of brakes works, but on the basis of it it is impossible to make a conclusion how there is a pressure distribution. It can be checked up only by means of manometres in automobile repair shop.